Race - Warforged
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Warforged are fast learners and extremely durable, but were created with little sense of personal identity. They receive +2 Con, +2 Int, -2 Wis and -2 Cha.
- Type: Warforged are monstrous humanoids with the half-construct subtype. They do not breathe or sleep, do not need to eat, and receive a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against disease, mind-affecting effects and poison.
- Size: Warforged are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Base Speed: Warforged have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Warforged begin play speaking Common, and do not gain any bonus languages from possessing a high Intelligence score.
- Focused Training: Warforged gain one skill of their choice as a class skill.
- Light Fortification: Whenever a sneak attack or critical hit is scored against a warforged, there is a 25% chance that the extra damage is negated and damage is rolled normally.
- Tireless: Warforged are immune to the fatigued and exhausted conditions, and receive Endurance as a bonus feat.
- Plating: At 1st level a warforged receives a suit of masterwork light or medium armor for free, which cannot be sundered or removed. Due to its integration with the warforged’s body, the plating’s maximum Dex bonus is increased by 1 and its armor check penalties are reduced by 1. Plating is considered weightless for determining the warforged’s encumbrance. Regardless of the type of armor it is based on, plating is constructed of the same materials as the rest of the warforged’s body and thus may not be constructed of special materials (unless you select the Advanced Construction feat at 1st level). Plating may be enchanted as magic armor, though the warforged must be present at all times during the process.
- Natural Weapons: Warforged have a slam attack that deals 1d4 points of damage.
- Artificial Metabolism: Warforged are immune to necromancy effects and regain only half the normal hit points from magical healing, unless they affect constructs (such as the make whole spell) or originate from the warforged itself. The warforged still gains full benefit from fast healing.
- Composite Body: Warforged bodies are composed of stone, metal and wood, and thus are vulnerable to effects which target creatures composed of these substances, like heat metal, repel wood, and the rust monster’s rusting touch. Spells which target objects only (such as stone shape) have no effect on a warforged.
- Darkvision: Warforged can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet.
A warforged may treat warforged feats as combat feats whenever it is convenient to do so. For instance, a warforged fighter could select a warforged feat as one of his bonus feats.
Alternate Racial Traits
- Integrated Weapon: One of the warforged’s hands is replaced by a weapon, which cannot be disarmed or sundered. He is automatically proficient with this weapon; if he was already proficient then he gains Weapon Focus as a bonus feat for weapons of this type, but only gains its benefits while wielding that specific weapon. If the integrated weapon is a two-handed weapon, he must still use his second hand to help wield it. If it is a throwing weapon then he may detach and reattach the limb freely, and it can be sundered while separate. If it is a double weapon then both of the warforged’s hands are replaced. Unlike his plating, the warforged must purchase this weapon normally at 1st level. This ability replaces Natural Weapons.
- Jaws of Death: The warforged has a bite attack that deals 1d6 damage and has a critical threat range of 20/x3. This ability replaces Light Fortification and Natural Weapons.
- Prototype: The warforged does not take a racial penalty to Charisma, but takes a -1 penalty to AC. This ability replaces Focused Training.
- Psiforged: The warforged’s body is covered in crystal growths which resonate with psychic power, granting Wild Talent as a bonus feat. If the warforged takes levels in a psionic class, he instead gains the Psionic Talent feat. When a psiforged takes a level in a favored class, he can choose to gain an additional power point instead of a hit point or skill point. In addition, he may use his Constitution score to determine bonus power points in place of his primary manifesting score if higher. The warforged’s body is considered to be made of stone, wood, metal and crystal, making him vulnerable to shatter and similar effects. This ability replaces the normal warforged bonus to Constitution.
- Second Slam: The warforged gains two slam attacks rather than one. This ability replaces Light Fortification and Natural Weapons.
- Scout Model: The warforged’s size is reduced to Small, and he gains +2 Dex and -2 Str. In addition he gains a +2 bonus to one of Acrobatics, Climb, Fly, Perception or Swim. This ability replaces Focused Training.
- Trained Fist: The warforged gains Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat. If he already possesses that feat his unarmed strike deals damage as if he were one size category larger, as with the Improved Natural Attack feat. This ability replaces Natural Weapons.